Thursday, September 2, 2010

In the midst of hopelessness, there is hope.

"I'm a person in long term recovery
which means I havn't used alcohol
or other drugs since 1998 and as a result
my life has gotten a whole lot better."
- Jim Gillen

"My name is Tom Coderre and I too am a person
in long term recovery, which means to me that
since May 15th of 2003 I havn't used alcohol or drugs."
- Tom Codere

Yesterday's Recovery Month kick off was a beautiful experience.

I ran into a friend who used to serve me coffee. He's now in treatment at the Providence Center. I could see the hope pouring out of his eyes, as well as the desire to live his life richly.

And, as a side bonus, Jim Gillen gave me a new pair of maracas. Will try not to lose them this time. Third times a charm.

Watch this video piece spliced together by the crew over at Turn to 10.

2 comments:

  1. Some interesting stuff here. Never knew this existed!!! I as well, am trying. Failing but at least trying. 3 weeks =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Vinnie. You've got a whole bunch of people behind you, and walking alongside.

    ReplyDelete