Monday, October 26, 2009

¡Feliz Compleaños!


Luis, a student in our ESL I (English as a Second Language) class, surprises his fellow student Luz with a delicious birthday treat this past Friday. Fran, our ESL teacher, waits with his sweet tooth in the background.


Luis and Luz are two students in Fran's morning class. The group is currently reviewing vowel sounds. I can hear them all morning long sounding out their ooo's and aahhh's, short O's and long A's.


Luz and Osmundo prepare to slice the cake.



The students, already a few weeks into class, sang Happy Birthday in perfect English. Brushing up on my Spanish, I tried my best to ask Luz how old she was. "Quantos Anos Tienes?," I managed. She laughed, and responded, "Sweet Sixteen!"


The entire class posing with large cake-anticipating smiles,waiting eagerly for Oz to cut into the chocolate confection. Most members of the class work together in a cleaning crew, and practice their english on the job! From left to right: Osmundo, Blanca, Luis, Liliana, Fran, Luz, and Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment